Sunday, May 25, 2008

What I've been up to these past months!

Here's a few things I've been busy creating at home and work. I've been busy preparing for the June Wizard Con here in Chicago. The first piece here is Kalypso the Greek Goddess from the Homer tale. She'll be one of the prints that I'll be selling at the con.

Next it's a pin up I did for a buddy Ash Jackson, of Eve: Vampire Diva for his pin up book he will be selling at the Philly Con later this month, May 30th thru June 1st to be exact.


Next I did this cover (I gotta color it too so this is the before shot) for my friend LaMorris Richmond up at BLAM comics. He's going to be putting out a graphic novel and I'll be providing the cover, logo and some older pin ups I did for JBD. The novel will feature art by the Great Seitu Haydon of "Tales of The Heart" fame.


Here's some poster art I did for McD that will be gracing the Orange lines this summer. If any of you ride the "L" and take the orange line, look up and you'll notice these posters on the roof of each rail car. Let me know if you see any of them on your way to or from work!


Lastly here are some more pieces I've worked on. 'Til next time true believers.

4 comments:

TMALO70 said...

Juanski,


YAY!!! You posted... I'm very Excited... First off, the Ladies as Usual, look Beautiful... Love that colorin' style Juanski, Love It... It really adds a lot more Volume to Them...

That Southern Style Chicken Sammy looks delish... I don't take the Orange line, but if I come across it anywhere else, I'll let You know...

I really like the direction You're goin' with the "JBD" cover, And can't wait to see it colored... Especially with Your Crayola Skills... A few things though, if You don't mind...

1) Keep an eye on those tangents, like JBD's Sword-Arm by the edge of the poster and it's spoon & bowl... It looks kinda' wonky at first... Then, the Right Thug's Gun by the collar of Fedora Thug... That one in particular is minor, because the colorin' should fix it...

2) Now this could be a bit NitPicky... But considerin' the Authentic look of the Sword and Implementation of those Olde Time Posters (Which I Love), the Hairstyle of the "Gun Thug" Modernizes the whole cover, bein' in the foreground... Maybe, look at James Cagney, whose Hairstyle always showed the Era He was in... Alex Toth did that with His period pieces, bringin' an Authenticity to them...

3) "Fedora Thug's" Fedora is lookin' a bit like it's Floatin' rather than "Fittin"... The Gun side of It goes beyond the edge of His Head, which gives the "Floatin" look... Another thing I learned from Toth when it comes to Drawin' the Ever Tricky Fedora, is How It Fits to the Head...

Whether You consider any of what I said or Not, Lamorris is Fortunate to have You Doin' the Cover... I think it'll bring a "Pick Me Up" Quality to It...

Later Holmes,

T...

bunbungirl said...

Thanks for the comments. I'm also looking forward to coming to your site in the area.

And of course, your blog roll, please add my site.

Please.

Karla Peña said...

HI juan your wor is really good your drawings specialy impact me, really good tecnic. Ijust wanent to tell you that i saw it, and to thanks you for going to mine as well, and yeah we bouth have work for the burguer bussines jejeje. nada saludos desde mi pekeñ isla. sigue asi y seguro seguire pasando por aca. un besito bye bye

Raanya said...

Hi Juan
You're an amazing artist.
Keep creating!

And yeah; you may have just got a regular visitor ;)